Monday 5 September 2011

Cities.....

I'm going a bit off the foodie track for today........

I'm just back from spending a couple of days away in Edinburgh for a friends pre-wedding stag weekend. I've been to the city before but it was only for a couple of hours when I took a train over from Glasgow so I didn't really get to explore it nor did I get to experience the people.



Whenever I visit somewhere new I somehow visualise the city as a relative or person because to me all cities have their own unique characteristics. For instance I think of Barcelona as a favourite aunt. It welcomes you with open arms and you are really pleased to see it, it'll feed you healthily then want to show you photos, it'll enjoy a drink with you before tucking you in for a nice nights sleep.




Rome is a long lost relative, it's interesting to look at, you can stare at it for hours trying to work out which bits of it you recognise, it's a bit stand offish to start with and it takes a while for you to feel comfortable but once you have gained it's trust you feel accepted as one of their own.




Frankfurt is one of the cooler teachers at your secondary/high school, it reminds me of one of my physics tutors. It has an exterior of uniformity, it knows where everything should be but even so you know in the back of your mind that it likes to have fun once the working week has been completed.




Ibiza is your best friend, with it you'll have the absolute best times of your life. You'll also have some not so good and no doubt you'll fall out with it from time to time over something silly but you'll soon get over it and be inseparable best buddies again.



Edinburgh reminds me of a favourite uncle, it has interesting buildings that all have a story to tell, it'll treat you like a best friend and then most of all it'll take you out on the town and get you absolutely clattered giving you one of the craziest, wobbliest and rib achingly enjoyable nights out you'll have had for ages.



I'll elaborate more once I have the photos. I'm not sure the phrase "What goes on tour stays on tour" is applicable is this case because it was all very innocent fun.

Until then....toodlepip xx

No comments:

Post a Comment