Friday 3 June 2011

B or G .......

We're halfway there. 20 weeks is up and today we are off to have the scan that'll tell us which of the English cricket teams my first offspring will captain in the future. Emily is coming with us too and I can't wait to see her face when she see her little brother or sister wriggling around inside mummy's tummy. I reckon I'll cry.......

Whatever the outcome we'll be celebrating tonight and I can imagine my mum is already sat by the phone with knitting needles in hand ready to get clickety clicking with a ball each of pink and blue wool by her side.

I've also decided that for Sunday's cooking demonstration at Eat Reading Live I'm going to cook not one but two dishes at the same time. Completely different ones but both really quite simple and tasty.

First will be Rack of Lamb with puy lentils and wild rice and while that's cooking away I'll whip up a quick favourite of mine and an Italian classic Spaghetti, aglio, olio é peperoncino.

The first dish has a provincial French feel to it and it's a recipe I created myself but it's inspired by Elizabeth David. The second is just a true Italian dish, I must have had it at least 4 times a week when I was working away in Rome. I can't believe it's not more widely known in the UK because it is so easy to make and so cheap too.

I don't believe for one second that I'm being optimistic when I say that I think you could feed 4 people quite contently for around £3 with the second dish. By doing two dishes it'll also mean more to hand out to people for tasters :-)

Saturday night I'm also meeting up with my buddy and we're going to go off and eat somewhere in Reading and catch up. We don't know where yet but it'll be reviewed so any restaurateurs ready this best be on their toes.

Watch out on FB and Twitter for the baby news ...... toodlepip xx

No comments:

Post a Comment