Wednesday 29 June 2011

How about this.....

Had a few editorial comments about my food article which I've taken onboard and now submitted a second draft. I happy that my first ever effort at a proper article got some uplifting comments but me being me I want it to be perfect.

If I'm honest when I read through the first draft I did feel that it was lacking something and I can't say that I ever felt it was right. It shows the importance of always giving yourself plenty of time and seeking advice rather than leaving it to the last minute because this time round I feel it's much more complete and I'm really happy with it.

I feel like I'm back at school again but this time paying attention and not messing around!

Another positive is that the blog has hit 7000 viewers (although Google analytics suggests over 10,000 !?!?)

Given the July menu some thought and here's what I'm thinking. Please feel free to add comment or suggestion.

Starter -

Wild mushroom terrine with poached quails egg and white truffle oil.

I don't think this need to be a substantial portion at all because there are some quite rich flavours going in there. Still deciding as to whether the terrine should be served warm or cold. I'm going to add a bit of dill in there too which may give it all a little lift.

Fish -

Crab and chilli linguine with saffron cream

I love the combination of fish with spice because it makes the flavour so much fresher on the palate and enlivens the tastebuds. Again the portion doesn't need to be big and I'm thinking swirled up fist sized ball of the crab and linguine would be ample.

Main -

Venison loin, potato mousseline and cumin carrots with red wine jus

Just classic flavour combinations really. Venison is my favourite meat and it's a pretty similar dish to the one I cooked in the RSC 2010 final but this time I hope to add more finesse to it.

Dessert -

Raspberry three ways with dark chocolate and a frangelico shot

I can't resist a raspberry. I might try and get hold of some black raspberries for this too as I've been hearing about them recently and I'll try mix up the reds and blacks to be a bit artistic in the presentation. The three raspberry elements will be a mousse, a jelly and a purée. Not really settled on how I want this to look yet but I have a few ideas so may just have to give them all a go.

Toodlepip xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment