Tuesday 16 November 2010

Pressure.....

For the first time in ages I feel really under pressure. Had a complete waste of effort yesterday trying to pre-prepare the curry for tonight's pub feast, made a big batch of sauce up only for it to taste pretty bloomin awful...in my opinion anyway.

So that lot went straight into the bin however I did manage to get plenty of rice boiled up. I was going to make this into fried rice but seeing as now I have decided to just go with a nice Thai green curry instead I think I'll just keep it plain.

Felt ill all last night and had a really awful nights sleep just thinking about how I was going to save the curry night but I've got a picture in my head now so all should be OK.

Saturday is now on my mid too. Another demo for the guys who ran Reading, Steady, Cook. Looks like I'm going to be doing the whole show on my own but I'm worried as I've not yet got the PAT testing certificates back from the guy who did them and I'm going to need to show them to the environmental health guys when they come to do the inspection. Might be a rather different show with just two camping gas burners rather than having my portable oven and water bath too.

Not sure what I'm going to make on Saturday just yet. I'm thinking some Pork fillet with those marvellous vanilla potatoes, poached pear and parsnip purée and then maybe seeing as it's a celebration of festive food I was thinking of making an open lasagne with Turkey, Cream, Bacon, Peas and Chilli ?!?!?!? Oh and maybe some slow cooked Lamb with something or other, perhaps lentils. Anyway it's gonna take a bit more organising than anything I've done before but I think I should just get curry night out the way first.

1 comment:

  1. Awww don't fret Benski, am sure it will all come together in the end :-)

    ReplyDelete