Monday 15 November 2010

A whole week.....

It's been one whole week since I last blogged, blimey!! Reminds me of a joke actually.

What's the difference between oral sex and anal sex? Oral sex makes your day but anal sex makes your hole week?

Sorry about that but it had to be done.

So I guess your all wondering just what the hell I've been up to this past 7 days? No well sod you because I'm going to tell you anyway and I'm guessing that if you've read this far down without clicking that small cross at the top right hand corner of the screen then you probably have some form of interest.

Highlight for me was cooking food for 6 of my very good buddies (7 including my wonderful missus). Was a bit worried when the butcher rang me at 11am to inform me that my whole loin of Venison (all 1.8kg of it) had been delivered and that it was frozen! Oh no worries I'm only serving it up in 2 hours time....thank heaven yet again for the water bath.

Really quite happy with the way it turned out. The Venison was cooked to perfection, the hot smoked salmon starter that I pinched from Raymond Blanc was plentiful but still light enough not to ruin the main course and my chocolate pudding sent two of the boys to sleep so I reckon that was a success too. Bit angry with myself for not emulsifying the sauce for the main course but I think I'll get over it.

DJ'd at Sakura in Reading on the same evening and really enjoyed it. There was a good crowd in there which surprised me because it was ever so quiet when I got there and they were very responsive too. Took the music on many different angles though House, Disco, Funky House, Soulful House and even a small smattering of Tech house and only once did I get asked to cheese it up a bit :-) Normally it's about 4 times.

Yesterday I spent mostly with a few good buddies down the local boozer talking rubbish and watching football. Incidentally I called the Chelsea vs Sunderland score the moment I saw the line up, not just the Sunderland win but also the 3-0 result. Absolutely no way in the world we were going to even compete with Drogba as captain and Paulo Ferreira at centre back. Drogba played like a schoolboy and kept dropping back into Malouda's position meaning that he was cancelled out of the game. Couple that with Ferreira and Ivanovic at the back and we were effectively playing with 8 men. Ivanovic should definitely been sent off too. oooooopppps sorry about the mid blog footy rant off!!!

This weeks highights are as follows -

Tuesday - Cooking Curry for 50 people
Friday - DJ'ing at Sakura
Saturday (Day) - 4 hour cooking demonstration in Reading town centre
Saturday (Evening) - DJ'ing at Sakura again

In between - Spending time with my amazing girls and loving it :-)

Actually two other things!

Firstly I've been asked if I'd be interested in a new catering venture for private and corporate functions which has my interest buttons tingling but perhaps more of a revelation is the fact that I did not once turn my laptop on over the weekend !!! Crazy.......

Byezingtons.

No comments:

Post a Comment