Friday 19 November 2010

Busy Beez.....

Have an absolutely jam packed weekend ahead but I think I've got it all under control.

Starting off this evening after work (Friday) I have some preparation to do for my demonstration on Saturday. Could end up having to make contingency plans on some equipment I want to use because I've not yet received the necessary electrical safety certifications (PAT Tests) for my mini oven and water bath, they've been tested and got the sticky labels to say so but I believe the environmental health guys will still need to see the full documentation as it's a public event.

I'll take the equipment anyway and if I can't use them I'll just have to adapt. The first 3 dishes on my mind only require pans anyway so it's not so much of a drama.

The first dish I'm planning on doing is similar to one I did at my last demo but jiggled slightly to bring it into line with the festive food theme. I'll be doing a Boxing Day brunch with a bubble and squeak style potato cake containing bacon and brussel sprout topped with a delicious soft poached egg.

Second dish I'm thinking of recreating the Thai Green Curry that I cooked for 20 people on Tuesday at my local pub but this time substituting the chicken for turkey so making use of the Christmas dinner leftovers. Might do quite a big batch of this or several little ones and serve it up in some cups with a bit of rice to hand out. Might warm people up on what I'm sure will be a chilly day.

Incidentally the curry and a pint for a fiver night at The Golden Cross in Twyford went down an absolute storm and it will be a weekly event from now on :-)

Thirdly I'm going to go for another dish using up turkey but this time as an open Lasagne. The turkey sauce in between the layers of pasta being nice and creamy and with bacon peas and a little bit of chilli. I'll top the Lasagne's off with some crunchy breadcrumbs.

Lastly I'm hoping to recreate the dish I did for the final of the competition, slightly tweaked to be a bit more seasonal and certain much better however this will require that I use my waterbath so fingers crossed on that one.

In between all this I have DJ gigs both tonight and tomorrow night in Reading so it's all going to be a bit of a mad rush. Never mind that though for next weekend I will be doing absolutely nothing else other than staying up late and watching the first Ashes test match. Come on England.

For those interested in popping alone to any of these goings on you are more than welcome.

Saturday I'll be kicking off at about 11:30am in Broad Street, Reading. You shouldn't be able to miss the event as it's right on the main part of the shopping area with M&S one side and BHS the other.

For the DJ gigs both are at Sakura, Reading and tonight I'll be in the VIP room starting at about 10:30/11pm and tomorrow in the downstairs bar from 9pm.

On Sunday if you fancy a pint I'll be in Twyford tucking into some real ales :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment