Monday 1 November 2010

Good Times....

Well I suppose that today was the start of a new era for me. Waking up in my new house with my lovely girls. What a morning it's been too because as we were up extra early probably due to the clocks changing we got to go into the village and have a nice breakfast before walking off to school and work. Yep that's right I walked !!

The weekend itself was pretty subdued not helped by the fact that I'd got really bad backache from heaving boxes around which mean't that anything involving standing up for sustained periods was out of the question.

Had a couple of friends over for dinner last night and I've definitely got the red wine head to prove it. Made some Duck which cooked sous vide produced the most amazing results, by far the best bit of duck I've ever eaten let alone cooked. I'm wondering what a pork chop would be like cook this way because I usually find them really dry and pretty horrid.

Also it's bought Turkey back up on the Christmas menu. I really think it's going to bring out the best in turkey which again is something I'd usually shun in favour of something a little more juicy.

It's a shame in a way that the sous vide method takes so long because I'd definitely use it for one of my upcoming cooking demos.

Laters Tatas

No comments:

Post a Comment