Wednesday 18 May 2011

What to do.....

Well I always thought it might happen soon and even though I do have one small task to do today after work I actually have a free evening to spend at home.

Yesterday saw the last semi final of Reading, steady, cook and the next action on that front is during the Eat Reading Live food festival on the 4th & 5th June. I'll be doing little bits and bobs throughout the whole weekend with some comparing and also a demo on stage on the Sunday between 13:30 & 14:00.

Eat Reading have secured Gennaro Contaldo to come along and open the festival. He of course has links to Reading through Jamie's Italian where he is a partner with Mr Oliver.

I really like that Eat Reading have decided to avoid going down the whole TV celeb route because then it becomes more about them than about all the great talent and produce our wonderful town has at it's disposal. Henley food festival took the TV celeb route and unfortunately that seems to be struggling to get off the ground due lack of funding. It would be such a shame to lose an event like this which means so much to all the local farmers and restaurants that put in all the hard work.

The next thing in the diary for me is a DJ set for Hat Club at Bar Mango, Reading this coming Saturday. I've got the 11:30pm - 1am slot which is probably my favourite so I'm dead chuffed about that. Hat Club is just one of the clubbing brands that I really like because they are all about having fun and not too pretentious about the whole clubbing experience.

Following that however I will be doing something with Bora Bora which if you didn't already know is one of my favourite places in the world.......not the paradise islands of French Polynesia but the beach bar in Playa Den Bossa, Ibiza. I'm not sure who they are having as the main guest but I really hope it's Alex Miles as he's my favourite resident there so hopefully he'll come and make and appearance in our not so sunnier climes.

Not quite sure of just how much fun Bora Bora is.........





And nobody has more fun than this man.......LEGEND is not the world..




That's it from me....toodlepip xx

No comments:

Post a Comment