Wednesday 27 October 2010

Catch Up Mk2.....

Phew! What a few days I've had. Apologies for not keeping you up to date, I know your lives must be all the more lacking of not knowing my inane thoughts and ramblings but a combination of Harry Potter & Chronicles of Narnia has mean't I've been to-ing and fro-ing from London with barely enough time to even pop out for a beer let alone ramble on blog styleeeeee.

So what to catch up on? I'd love to tell you my thoughts on the films I mentioned but I'm duty bound to keep my opinions to myself but I suppose I could say that fans of either will not be disappointed.

I suppose the only gripe I have is that I had to go to Soho for a few days to get one of them working properly and I have to say I'm not Soho's biggest fan. I have no idea how some of my friends work there. They must be mad!

It's just full of people dressed the same with the same haircuts talking in that same nu-skool university language that has lots of "likes", "yaaars" and "whatevaaaars". I just find it all so very false. Has it always been like that?

The better side of the area is the food to be had. On Saturday I was wandering around looking for some lunch and stumbled across this little Chinese place just outside of Chinatown and scouring the menu I managed to convince myself that the Beef and peppers with chilli was the way forward, well it was either that or chicken because the rest of the menu was made up of such luxuries as Pig's intestines and Tripe.

Well when these guys mean chilli they certainly mean chilli and lots of it !! It was fantastic. I just had that dish with some Egg fried rice and there was enough for 3 people easily. I will without doubt visit there again and have second helpings. They also had induction heaters build into the surface of the tables which I found fascinating. People around me were using them but it wasn't necessary for me.

Sunday I was again in the office investigating, sorting out and fixing all the issues that sent me to Soho in the first place. Absolutely none of them the fault of ourselves but as so often happens in this industry people feel the need to point the finger to absolve themselves of any blame and because we are last in the line when it comes to post production any mistakes made by people before us mean us having to correct them to ensure the integrity of our work. It's frustrating but it happens and we have to deal with it....OK it's a load of old s**t!

Monday I was back that way again and this time found myself eating in a restaurant called Ping Pong just off Regents Street by Liberty's. It's a Dim Sum place and they have all the usual dishes plus some of their own creation. The whole setting was lovely and the food fantastic, especially the chilli oil and sauce, again not done by half measures. There are about 16 of these places around London so get involved if your in the area. Otherwise just find some Dim Sum wherever you are and enjoy it's loveliness.

In other news I was really disappointed to read the news that the London fire service had announced plans to strike on 5th November. I understand it's the unions forcing this issue and the firemen would really rather settle the dispute without it effecting the service but to call it on this day and for 79% of the brigade to support it shows a terrible lack of concern for public safety on what will be the busiest night.

I'm in full support of the 21% who agree that strike action is not the way to negotiate and I'm absolutely disgusted with the behaviour shown by some of the people on the picket lines towards their fellow workers and I'm afraid because of that those 79% have completely lost my respect and it looks like it's split the country too.

They do a great job no doubt but their places could be filled 10 times over by people willing to train up and put on that uniform. It's about time that these people and all those other who thinking that striking is acceptable start looking around themselves and realising that in this day and age and at the times we are going through economically (all thanks to the previous government and not the current one) that nobody is indispensable.

They are trying to blackmail Londoners using their lives as bargaining chips and to me that is not negotiation that is terrorism.

Oooooh that was an unexpected rant !! I must learn to control myself :-)

On a lighter note I had a dream about a rather spectacular breakfast last night which I might try and replicate at the weekend...Breakfast art it'll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment