Friday 1 October 2010

Fuzziness

Feeling a tad fuzzy today no thank to being roped into the pub quiz last night. I think we can forth last and I was useless I mean what the hell do I know about Fizzy Rascals or whatever his name is?

As the DJ I was expected to get all the music one right but it was all modern Crap factor/Britains got idiots stuff so I had no chance however I did win the raffle and managed to pick myself up a copy of the Hairy Bikers 12 days of Christmas book.................I reckon I know somebody who wanted that....now who was it ?!?!?

Double bonus was that I also got given two tickets to the restaurant show at Earls Court by the landlord and landlady. It's a trade only event so we'd be otherwise unable to attend so many thanks for that and I'm sure we'll look forward to being Karen & Bill for a day or two.

Cooking demo was really good yesterday. Such good fun and the whole project they have got going is amazing and really quite inspiring. Please do have a look at their website to see the wonderful things they do - food4families

Highlight of it for me was seeing all these kids so interested in food and vegetables in particular. I had a couple of chats with two young lads who both said that they are really excited about food and cooking indeed both enjoyed cooking at home and were asking all the right questions when I was actually doing the cooking. Emily even enjoyed some courgette cake !! It's made out of green stuff !!

Everything I made got snaffled up rather quickly and it would seem that the pumpkin cheesecake and the spicy pork and pumpkin pasties were somewhat of a sensation. All the cheesecake recipes went anyway.

Following on from that they asked if I'd be interested in taking part in a much bigger show in the town center later in the year so must have been doing something right.

Just this very second taken a call from the area manager of Greene King who is going to be about at around 1:30pm today for a little meeting concerning the progress and forward momentum of the pub lease. I think this meeting will be the definitive one and will enable us to really start making firm plans. I'm desperate to have that so I can discuss the situation with my current employers, not really any point in putting forward my vision to them without having a clear picture ahead.

Guessing I'm not really going to have time to blog again before Sunday but saying that I'll probably be busy watching Europe winning the Ryder Cup....Come on boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment