Wednesday 20 October 2010

Hogwarts to you...

Thankfully I didn't have to watch that scary film yesterday as the necessary elements were late to arrive. Today I have a team member in the house so that task has now been safely delegated.

Quite the opposite of this is that I have to attend a sound check for Harry Potter 7 pt 1 on Saturday and this fills me with nothing but excitement, not a chance in Hogwarts that anybody is going to get there before me on this one....not unless they apperate !! Do you think they be happy if I turned up in my Gryffindor dressing gown....or wizards robes as I like to call it?

Cooked a couple of Chicken Legs in the water bath yesterday and the taste and texture was amazing, really juicy too. Today I think I'm going to go for Steak, just rump steak, nothing fancy. This method is supposed to really increase the quality of a cooked piece of meat by breaking down the toughness over the prolonged cooking period.

Rib Eye and Rump steak have the most flavour in them due to the fat content but they are also pretty fibrous and can be much chewier after cooking than a muscle less well used on an animal such as the fillet or tenderloin.

Theory behind this sous vide method of cooking is that because of the meat is cooked over time you'll get the best of both worlds without having to go and spend ridiculous amounts of money on premium meats such as Kobe Beef.

Ideally I should brine the steaks for about 6 hours first and them cook them for 18 hours but I'm just going to go for straight in for 10 hours, should still produce outstanding results but we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment