Friday 18 March 2011

The latest....

So it's wedding eve and I've temporarily checked out of my studio and will soon be checking into the Mornington Motel with my buddy Bobatron. Will be nice to see him because I don't think I have done since his move to Sydney about 3 years ago.

The Motel is situated just up from the main drag. I stopped there for a coffee yesterday and took a couple of piccies.

The U.S. influence is pretty strong when looking left and right from the coffee shop






As you can see the weather was quite mild yesterday and the same applies for today but the forecast is saying that it should be nice and sunny tomorrow which will be great for the ceremony and it'll also mean that the photos won't be full of crimson skinned English people so good times.

Walking back from town and whimsically wondering "What if we did move here?" I came across this rather smashing house.





With this rather smashing view......





I should imagine it comes with a rather smashing price tag too so might be a good idea to start buying lottery tickets.

BBQ culture is alive and strong and yesterday it was wonderful to be around the matrimonial household eating various amounts of charcoal encrusted goodies and drinking some of Australia's cheapest (but pretty bloomin good) beers.

I do miss having my Twyfordian buddies around at times like these but I did feel slightly amused and heartened to see these little critters on the supermarket fish counter and they reminded me of my wonderful Johanna........





I wish I could smuggle a Johanna the Spanner Crab back to the UK :-)

Well I must dash, Bobatron and the Sheriff are due in soon and I'm guessing that'll soon mean beer'o'clock.

Toodlepipions...xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment