Sunday 27 March 2011

New week.....

So it's around 10am here in Mornington and for some reason I've got an urge to go for a walk. Not sure where but I need to get some things so probably head up to main street and maybe a chill on the beach as it's a nice day. Well I say it's a nice day but I've not got my lazy bones out of bed yet but I can see sunshine creeping around the window blind so I'm guessing it's a goody.

Since I last blogged I've been up to St Kilda for spot of lunch. St Kilda is known to be the first backpackers stop when they arrive in Melbourne. It's much more of a seaside town than Mornington with an amusement park and pier.





It also has a slightly more cosmopolitan feel to the main street but still it has lots of American influence.





This weekend was the Australian F1 Grand Prix meeting which takes part not far from here and after an airport drop off we had to actually drive right through the area where the racing was taking place and to our surprise there was very little traffic congestion so I'm guessing they really organise the event well. This was about 3 hours before actual race qualifying too so a time when you'd expect the area to be really busy.


Seeing as Melbourne that day was all about cars I thought I might post a picture of the most common type a vehicle that you see here.





OOPs apologies, not the Skyline GTR...that's a picture of the car you'd see here if I lived in St Kilda. I mean't to post this one.....





I actually have this saved on my laptop under the name "RhysBogan" after an Aussie chap I had the honour of playing cricket with last year. I can just see him cruising along the Esplanade (Espy) blasting out tunes with his arm out the window.

After this lunch we travelled back down to Mornington where we had a few drinks and a chinwag with some family friends (not an air guitar in sight). Having been at the same house for the wedding I was again taken aback by it's beauty and mostly....as I would be...by the Kitchen. I could spend hours in there if not cooking then just looking out at this view.





An evening of junk food and unsuccessful but entirely expected cricket followed. I predicted an India vs Sri Lanka final anyway so I'm not overly concerned by England's tired performance....after all it's only one day cricket and not the far superior test match format which of course we are pretty damn good at.

Next day my newly wedded buddy and I were off out to venture upon the high seas in search of netting ourselves a hearty fish supper. I must say it was tremendous fun and I'd do it again in an instant, maybe that's because I actually caught a few fish. Not sure my fruitless fishing partner would agree !!!







Well I thought if your gonna catch fish you've gotta look and think like a fisherman.












Red Snapper, the first of two. The second one was much much bigger......at least an inch longer :-)








This little f%@k3r spiked me in the finger and it bled for ages. I didn't put my blood dripping finger in the the bay though because I thought a shark might get attracted by the smell and drag me in. The fish is called a Flathead by the way.





So for me quite a successful outing and it's a shame we didn't get anything a bit bigger to sling on the BBQ because although these spike riddled creatures of the sea are not all the friendly they certainly make for good eating so I'm told.

Well that's y'all up to date and I suppose I should get myself motivated. I think I'm going to head down to Fishermans beach to collect some shells for the little one then I think a nice spot of lunch is in order...after that who knows ?!?!

Toodlepip xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment