Thursday 21 April 2011

In season.....

Lamb, crab, wild garlic, watercress, rocket and oysters....

All in season in the UK, out of those things alone you could rustle up a nice crab linguine or roast spring lamb with a creamy wild garlic sauce. Perhaps go extravagant and get some juicy fresh oysters, sit them on a bed of ice and slurp them down with some chopped shallots, tabasco sauce and crushed black pepper.

All of them would be lovely with a watercress, rocket and parmesan salad drizzled with extra virgin olive oil.

However most importantly for me anyway is that also in season is Cricket.....the beautiful game. Well not so beautiful when I'm playing but alas I shall be endeavouring to increase my pretty average averages from last season twice (as it stands) this opening weekend. Feeling quite confident about scoring a few runs actually, think I've finally got used to batting with a helmet on.

Well I doubt I'll get time to update the old blogatron for a few days so if you are in the UK have a wonderful few days off, weather looks good and all that so chocs away.

Toodlepip xx

No comments:

Post a Comment