Thursday 7 April 2011

Minor update.....

Minor update my foot.....

I'm gonna be a Daddy :-)

12 week scan was today. Everything is looking fine and well. Our little Bumpski was wriggling around like a pilled up looney at a festival............





Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit that guy his having the time of his life :-)

Of course we won't know if Bumpski will be a boy or a girl for another 8 weeks yet but whatever it is I reckon it's got cricketers arms and legs and will captain England for either the mens or ladies senior side......no pressure Bumpski!

I'm not really sure how I feel at the moment, can't really concentrate because I'm just so happy. I'm already thinking about what kind of ridiculously silly clothes this poor little thing is going to be paraded about in during it's infant years. Saw a brilliant Monkey outfit on the t'interweb and a rather silly Frog one as well. Come on.........isn't having kids all about dressing them up so they look cute...and a bit daft?





I'll be having a few celebratory drinks on Saturday when I'm DJ'ing in Reading so come along and raise a glass to Bumpski. (FYI's - I'm doing an early slot 11pm - 12am)

So that's the most important news from Benskiland but I have been doing other things noteably yesterday evening when I was judge and speaker at round 1 heat 3 of Reading, Steady, Cook 2011. I was feeling pretty daunted about having to step into the shoes of the guy who did the job last year after all he was private chef to Prince Charles for many years and the MD of one of the largest catering firms in the world. Not sure my CV comes up to that but in the end I think I made pretty good work of it.....helped by a few glasses of Sauvignon Blanc.....Does it show?





The food of the winning contestants in this round was of a very high standard and I think in general throughout this competition we'll see some outstanding dishes.

Looking forward already to the next heat on the 16th April at Reading Farmers Market although with this one starting at 9am I don't reckon it'll be al a mode to be half sozzled on some of the Chilean finest prior to addressing the passing public.

I had so much more to blog about but I really cannot concentrate so I'll leave that until tomorrow.

Toodlepip xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment