Tuesday 26 April 2011

Mixed bag......

So the season got under way and I got 3 stitches in my head!

I think you could say my start to the 2011 cricket season was a little indifferent. Firstly a few fielding nightmares, balls straight through the hands and legs followed by an early contender for catch of the season.......diving full length single handed catch about an inch off the ground....then an innocuous ball speeding along the ground bobbles up just before my fingertips and whacks me right on the head, seam perfectly vertical.

Bled quite a lot but didn't hurt however it was quite a gash and needed 3 stitches. The pay off is that not only did I save 3 runs but the cut is in a perfect lightning bolt shape so I have my own genuine Harry Potter scar, you just couldn't buy this stuff :-)





Handily a cricketing team mate of mine was working at the A&E department down at the Royal Berks so I didn't have to wait the full 4 hours to be seen.

Had a rather wonderful day yesterday. We went to the REME museum over at the Aborfield garrison. The little ones great grandad was down from Scotland and he'd served there during the war so it was a bit of a trip down memory lane for him too and the kids loved it. I'd recommend going there it's really quite good.

We followed that up with a pub lunch at the Lands End in Charvil. It's the usual standard pubco fayre but they have a nice garden and it's just by a ford which people like to wade about in on hot days so it's good fun for the children.

I've not really been keeping up with the news too much however there were a couple for stories that provoked a reaction not least the one about a woman in Gateshead, Newcastle UK who has denied biting off her boyfriends dangly bits after he refused to sleep with her......yeeeeeooooch.

I'm going to be spending the rest of today DIY shopping for work related bits and bobs and also thinking about something to cook in the waterbath as it's been a while since I last used it.

So until next time....toodlepip xx

No comments:

Post a Comment