Thursday 8 July 2010

The 1st Trip and Blog of 2010

Well I've been pondering about what my first ever blog should be about so I've gone for the easy option and chosen to tell the world about my first trip to Ibiza of 2010. OK perhaps a bit of a kop out but nevertheless it was so much different for me this time around being as it was a family holiday rather than a pure partying week.

The initial 3 days were spent at my good friends villa up in Calle Tarrida which is about 10 km round from the port of San Antonio and getting the same sunset view as one would for Café del Mar/Mambo, at night you could still hear the faint murmurs of Karaoke coming from the bars down by the bay, nothing too loud at all, just enough to let you know you were by a resort. Also nothing an MP3 player couldn't soon remedy.

Emily absolutely loved being there, not just because Grandad was there but also because she could swim everyday in the pool and best of all Dean's cat had just had kittens a couple of weeks earlier so she got to play with them and also named them all. (Super, Raspberry, Patch and Smudge...I think)

BBQ's were the choice for food, whole Sea Bass, Handmade Burgers, Chicken, Small Spicy Chorizo and other Sausages that just didn't want to go brown but nevertheless tasted lovely.

Also stopped at Cala D'Hort (which is a bay directly facing the mysterious rock of Es Vedra) for a very nice, fresh Paella. Grandad said it was the best he'd ever had and couldn't get enough of it.

Didn't really do much that side of the island other than the aforementioned, we didn't need to, we had it all there and it was fantastic.

The final 4 days were spent over at Figueretas which is very near to Ibiza town and a much quieter, more family orientated resort than other but with the benefit of begin a stone throw away from the lively Playa Den Bossa.

The apartments we stayed were basic but they had free Aircon which made sleeping much more comfortable than some of the places I've stayed on previous visits.

Our first thing to do after checking in was to jump in the car and head for Bora Bora. We got there at just around 4pm in time for when the party really kicks off and seeing that it was one of my fave party people Mr Alex Miles behind the decks made it all the more special.

Emily & Grandad couldn't quite believe what was going on, people on tables dancing around all smiling and happy having the times of their lives, poor Grandad didn't know where to look !!!

Food over this way was nice too, we found a nice little restaurant just on the hotel doorstep that was really a locals place but they took to us very well and really appreciated it when we joined in with all the noisy chaos during the Spanish world cup game, great fun and also great food.

Carley and I did manage one night out which was at Amnesia for Cocoon which as a musical spectacular was not particularly inspiring. Sure Sven did his best but having to make up for a pretty shocking warm up DJ was always going to be a tough task. Also 45€ a ticket and then having to pay €40 for two vodkas and a can of Red Bull really is becoming far too excessive and I won't be going there again until changes in pricing are implemented.

So I ask myself these questions -

1. Will I go to Ibiza again in 2010? - Yes, probably in September.
2. Would I go with family again? - Absolutely.
3. Do I still love Sven Vath? - Of course, can't wait for Cocoon in the park this very weekend.
4. Will I go to Amnesia again? - No, not for the foreseeable future given my last couple of experiences.
5. Will I hire a car for the duration of the holiday? - No question and it'll be from Moto Luis
6. Was there any point in writing this blog? - I guess we'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment