Wednesday 14 July 2010

German Cars

OK I think it's obvious from my previous posts that I admire virtually anything German.

If something is German it is generally good. Be that mechanical, sporting, musical, hygenic, etc etc.

So why is it that I don't particularly like German cars?

I mean I realise that they are exceptionally well made and designed to their nearest points of perfection but I just don't get excited about them and I cannot explain why.

That is true for most of the manufacturers you can think of. Mercedes, Porsche, BMW et al.

However there is one particular manufacturer of undoubtedly fine auto mobiles that I simply cannot stand at the moment...............Audi !!

Not the old Audi's I mean the new ones and why is that you ask?

Those horrible, rediculous, pretentious LEDs that underline the headlights. The rest of the cars designs are completely adorable.

Why the hell are the LEDs there? They do nothing useful, they just serve the purpose of tell the person infront of them looking back in their rear view mirror that soon they will have some middle aged Top Gear presenter wannabe/Estate Agent/Travelling Salesman (delete as applicable) driving far too close to their rear bumper.

I'm guessing that they are being marketed as some kind of daytime safety feature designed to make people more aware of your presence on the road but even that doesn't make sense at all.

Maybe ones on the rear lights I can understand but on the headlights ?!?!? Why does the person in front of you need to see your any more clearly than the fact that they have a great big car in there rear view mirror?

OK so even if the LEDs were infact useful and even if using them did have the remotest effect of car safety why the hell would you then change the design of them from straight to wavy?

I'm guessing the people that buy these used to be the same people who used to own de-badged BMW 316's or company Ford Mondeo's and drive along in the hottest day of summer with their foglights on.

(Disclaimer - To all drives of Audi's which have these LEDs and do not turn them on this next bit does not apply)

My advice to anybody feeling the need to pull over and let one of these self obsessed morons overtake you during rush hour on the A4 through Slough (for instance) is to wind up your window because eventually when they have to stop directly alongside of you having got only 4 metres further in their journey a waft of stale semen will come right at you directly from the pubis of this person.

But other than that I think they are OK :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment