Wednesday 21 July 2010

Rat a tat tat

......Went the door at 7:15 this morning.

Well not so much "Rat a tat tat" as " Bang a Dang a Lang"...Jeez that man had some knock on him.

It was one of those knowing door knocks only confirmed when I poked my head out the bedroom window and saw the clipboard.

Nope not double glazing and certainly not any kind of religious visitor this was Baliff pure and simple.

So loud was the knock that little'un jumped and fell out of bed, good job they are bouncy at that age (Mind you she's being a right little whatnot this morning, I'd have been sent to my Nannas by now for some serious telling off)

Anyway all to do with a previous tenant which of course I knew it would be because we get loads of brown envelopes through the door with other peoples names on. Apparently this one was for unpaid parking tickets in Hammersmith, not that I needed to know this but I'm sure the guy who came round really doesn't get the chance to talk to too many people inside, or even outside of work for that matter so I humoured him and I'm counting it as my good deed for the day.

Anyway back to the pub daydreaming and so far I've come up with a couple of menu ideas that I think might work but I need to study it more. I know what I want to do but I cannot see a mixture of traditional pub grub and sophisticated classic French/Italian/Spanish cuisine going down well.

Whatever happens it'll all be homemade making use of fresh, seasonal produce from as many local producers as I can find. I'm even gonna put up signs near the local allotments to tell those who have them that our doors are always open to them and their produce.

Imagine that. Sitting in the restaurant and being able to see the person who grew the Leeks and Potatoes that made the very soup your are having. Thinking of having a farmers market in the car park too providing it's big enough.

Right well my ramblings are over for now, best get to work. If I think of anymore drivel today I shall post it right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment