Tuesday 3 January 2012

All good intentions.....

A new year dawns..............2011 is "SO" last year.

With the new year always comes those fantastic intentions designed to be the actions that will shape the next twelve months. These resolutions will be not only be of benefit to our own health, wealth and vitality but they will also bring joy to our family and friends ultimately bringing world peace and global financial stability.

OK maybe the final two of those are less likely but what does that matter?

So what do I have in the locker for this year?

The blog will be getting more regular updates. It's been a rather hectic final few months of 2011 meaning that it's been placed on the back burner for a while but now the house has been moved and we are all settled in (well a few more bits to do) I should have more time to devoted to filling you all in with those recipes and foodie articles that you simply cannot be without.

I've renewed my gym membership at Nirvana Spa and I'm going to start working on my fitness and core levels so that I am a bit more prepared for the forthcoming cricket season. Of course that won't make me any better at the game but it'll hopefully mean I can play with more enthusiasm. It's a double barrelled gym renewal too because having got my good lady a membership for her Christmas present I'm looking forward to spending sometime with her just relaxing and enjoying the Spa.

I'm going to be more serious in my professional outlook too. The urge to get more involved in food is always there and any opportunity that might pop up be that inside a kitchen with cooker and knife or outside the kitchen with pen and paper will be looked at with a more open mind. I'm not saying that the money is no longer an issue but since my little angel of a daughter has come along I've realised that it's not the be all and end all of everything.

DJ wise I'm very happy with my current situation with the Friday nights at Cape in Reading. I can honestly say that I still look forward to it each week and I can't see that changing so long may that continue. The numbers were picking up week on week and it was phenomenal over the holiday period so lets hope that after the inevitable Christmas hangover those figures will keep up and the night will have some longevity.

That's all from me at this point in time. I wanted to get the more personal stuff out of the way before cracking on with the real purpose of this blog which of course is food.

Tomorrow I'll be explaining just how I managed to make ten quids worth of Turkey feed a table of five on Christmas day all five agreed it was the best piece of the yuletide bird they'd ever had.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your goals, I'm making some of my own too.

    Happy new year :-)

    ReplyDelete