Monday 9 January 2012

Bangers......

Nope not sausages but cars :-)

My good buddy and myself have signed up to take part in the Barcelona Bangers rally in June 2012. The idea is that you buy a car for no more that £250 then daub it up in some garish and ridiculous paint job and drive it to Barcelona alongside a whole bunch of other silly people. What fun !!!

It's three days of driving to get there passing through France and Spain hopefully without too many breakdowns on the way.

I'm guessing we should make good use of the journey and try to raise some funds for a worthy cause so expect your inbox's to be pounded with requests from now until June. I'm kidding of course....it'll only be one or two.

I've driven through the French countryside a couple of times on our trips to Le Mans for the 24hr race and I do love it. I'm hoping we can stop frequently for some local foods, might as well make it a culinary journey as well.

Once we've reached Barcelona I think we'll probably carry on the roadtrip the next day and go to see my buddy in Ibiza for a couple of days before heading back. You can get a ferry from Barcelona to the port at San Antonio quite easily although having just spoken to my Ibizan chum I think we'll be dumping the car cause the ferry is dead expensive. We shall see......

All that is left to do now is get a banger and decide what theme to do. Any ideas ?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment