Thursday 26 January 2012

Australia Day.....

I think I have found the best red wine EVER and I've not even had a sip yet.

Quite a coincidence that it's Australia day too because it's from the one place I've been too down under and it's the place on earth where I would love to live the most.

I was sat at work today thinking how much I'd love a nice bottle of red wine from Waitrose while I spend the evening working on the menu for the new venture and this was the very first bottle I went too.



It's a 2008 Pinot Noir from the Stonier winery in the Mornington peninsula in Melbourne. Initially I love Pinot Noir, it's probably my favourite of all grapes because it's so consistent. You'd be very very unlucky to come across a poor quality Pinot Noir, it's responsible for some of the greatest wines produced.

This however a very special meaning. Mornington is the home of one of my best buddies and his new family all of  whom I miss like crazy. I was there last year for their wedding and I fell in love with the place and the people. I crave to live there at some point in my life.

During the time I was there we went off on a wine tour with some of the travelling wedding party and it was such a wonderful day so even looking at the bottle gives me such good memories.

The absolutely wonderfully brilliant best bit about it though is that the back label tells me it's imported from "Merricks" and it was here that the actually wedding reception took place.

I'm so chuffed I found it :-)

Looks like I'm having a better Australia day than Julia Guillard (or however it is you spell it)



1 comment:

  1. Always chuffed to see a great Aussie red available over here Ben, thanks for the heads up! I'll have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete