Tuesday 17 January 2012

Closer......

Not been sleeping too well over the last couple of days as I have some dental work being carried out this morning and to say I'm a little pensive is an understatement. It's only a root canal, how ridiculously terrifying can that honestly be?

At least I have the England v Pakistan test match to occupy my mind for a couple of hours this morning.

Best bit of news which I can now leak out a little is that I am putting together a business plan and a strategy which will finally see me in a professional kitchen on terms that'll allow me to still be able to concentrate on my normal work.

The new company I'll be forming with my business partner will see me filling a kind of "Director of Operations" role. I'll mainly be responsible for the food and beverage offering which will involve designing a whole new menu with my own dishes and some new ones that fit the model and then we'll be bringing in a team that we can trust to run the place with myself overseeing (of course cooking whenever I can) and making sure our standards are being kept and that the business plan is being followed.

The business we are being brought in to run is by no means struggling at the moment financially, there are small losses which can be turned around instantly by cutting a few unnecessary costs but what it's certainly not doing is living up to it's potential and with the low risk involved it's a perfect first case for our fledgling food and beverage consultancy. I won't be buying that Nissan GTR just yet!

More news will follow shortly as we still have the business plan and model to complete but it should all happen fairly quickly and I'll be inviting you all down to my place with your friends and families for a meal in my restaurant with food from my kitchen......how exciting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment