Monday 13 September 2010

Catch up....

Well what a complete non event that weekend was !!

Friday was desperately disappointing for me in some ways but extraordinarily good in others. Was great to see some old friends out as well as some new and it was good that there was a fantastic party atmosphere down at the club to compliment all the effort JP & Martin made to put it on.

Disappointing in other ways, firstly not being able to concentrate fully or even get to my tunes due to......how can I put this nicely?....Overcrowding in the booth !! Blatantly asking people to get out the way and leave even with hand gestures and just being ignored and bumped all the time is not conducive to good floorfilling I'm afraid.

Perhaps I should have just risen above it or perhaps I should just chuck it in and get away from all these wannabe superstars.

Secondly, Brandon Block not turning up. OK you kind of expect it at times, especially when it's his last port of call for the night. He was probably about £2k up by the time he even thought about getting up to Reading and to be honest by the time he was supposed to be there it was thinning out anyway.

Thirdly and perhaps most disappointing was being asked by some girl if I was indeed Brandon Block !!! As much as I love the fella and as much as I know I'm never going to able to enter any Brad Pitt look a like competitions I'd like to think that there is absolutely no comparison in looks between myself and Mr Block. If there is then I'm saving for a surgeon :-)

The rest of the weekend was just pure rest and relaxation. Yes I had a bad hangover but I'm also still suffering a bit with the cough which seems to be relenting, oh and by the way I'm sorry if I gave anybody germs on Friday, I was trying to suppress any coughing but a certain Richard Sloman kept making me laugh which just made it worse.

So anyway I do feel a rather chipper this morning and already thinking about what to have for dinner....must be back on form.

I'm thinking something fishy.

Did my usual cookery program catch up over the weekend and there seemed to be plenty of fishy things being cooked up. Both Kenny Atkinson and Glynn Purnell (Whom incidental is one of my absolute favourite of the new breed of Chefs, he's such s breath of fresh air and his food is just like him, quirky, fun and even humorous) both made fish dishes on Saturday kitchen. Rick Stein also made a wonderful looking Salmon curry and Hugh Fearnly-Whittingstall was making all kinds of things with a plethora of fish on his River Cottage gone Fishing program.

I think I'm going to follow Glynn Purnell though and try to use some salted fish. I'm thinking that just a simple pan fry with some seasonal veg and a nice buttery sauce with capers would be nice.

Mind you thinking about it it does take 24hrs for the salting process to work.........Bangers and Mash it is tonight then :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment