Monday 20 September 2010

Catch Up....

Fairly busy day ahead I reckon. Bit of catching up to do after leaving early on Friday but nothing too out of hand.

Should find out about the pub lease situation tomorrow. Unfortunately we found that the copy we had was indeed the latest one as held by the current tenants solicitor which begs the question "How come his solicitor didn't spot all the mistakes that mine did?"

It's going to make the whole process longer because we absolutely need to find where we stand before we can even contemplate the business plan as the lease, it's contents and it's conditions are the basis on which it all stands.

Sales figures are irrelevant at this time because we have no idea what our goings will be each month because for instance if the lease is full maintaining i.e. we are responsible for any repairs then the insurances will be much higher.

If there is or isn't a loophole that says the brewery can take it back at any time given the right amount of notice even if the conditions have not been broken is certainly a bit ambiguous.

Anyway that's out of our hands for now.

Made a start on my Pumpkin experiments yesterday, that was until I realised we'd run out of sugar so I couldn't go much further than basic preparation for the cheesecake. I must say I was expecting pumpkin to be a bit sweeter than I found it, more like Butternut Squash but in fact they are quite non de-script just on their own.

Tried to few things in an attempt to bring the flavour out more and found that Ginger and Nutmeg really do a good job of that. The Purée I made out of the pumpkin has been mixed with a pinch of each and left over night in the fridge to infuse a bit more. The base is done and is also chilling in the fridge, the Lime zest I've put in this is really giving off a good aroma, on to a winner there I think.

Spicy Pork and Pumpkin Pasties tonight along with a big of hearty Soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment