Tuesday 14 September 2010

Post 2

So I've been asked to do a cookery demonstration for a local community project that involves people growing their own produce and sharing it around. Such a wonderful thing really and gets children involved too which can only be a good thing at a time when everything comes pre-packed and in a uniform shape.

Please if you can take time just to have a look at the wonderful things they do - Food4families

The next thing I have to do is think of what to cook !!

They would like me to do something with Pumpkins seeing as they are in season and their general use involves them being scraped out, given scary faces and filled with candles for a Jack'o'Lantern.

Well there is quite obviously so much more to them and given that I have an hour of demonstration time I think I might do a few dishes, maybe a Starter, Main Course and Dessert.....you can certainly do that with a Pumpkin because they are such wonderful and versatile things.

The only details I have on the event so far is that it'll be held on Thursday the 30th September in a marquee in a big field in Reading, Berkshire where lots of people will be having a picnic :-)

I'm thinking perhaps these dishes -

Roasted Garlic and Pumpkin Soup
Pumpkin Ravioli with Sage Butter
Pumpkin Curry
Pumpkin Pie
Spicy Pumpkin Mini Pasties

Oooooh anybody else got some ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment