Tuesday 18 January 2011

Done.....

Tax return for 2009/2010 completed....phew. Actually it's hardly a massive task considering I only DJ'd eleven times during that period and I was good at keeping all my tune purchase receipts. I spent over £500 of music in those 12 months which might seem a lot but to think if I'd have wanted to buy the equivalent amount of music on vinyl we'd be talking somewhere around the £3.5k mark.

I just wish I could of afforded to do that and of course been able to actually use them somewhere. Such is the rise of CD and electronic storage and indeed playback that you seldom see a working set of turntables in a club these days. They are normally reserved for use as drink holders and even if they are there they are not plugged in or have no cartridges or slipmatts.

Even the guru that is Sven Vath has admitted that he's having to start using CD's even more these days and increasingly so going forward. Obviously from his point of view that's not a financial decision but more a question of availability.

So moving on tonight is curry and a pint for £5 night at the Golden Cross in Twyford. This week I am preparing my very own recipe chicken curry. I spent yesterday evening in the kitchen roasting and grinding spices then making my own paste mix which I'll be mixing up with some onions, garlic, ginger and coconut milk. I honestly cannot even remember what I've put into the paste but I can tell you it's smelling really good and I expect it to be a rather unique flavour with a sweet and sour taste and a touch of heat.

Will be serving this up with just some plain boiled then fried rice and a quenelle of yogurt with some chives to decorate...should all look and taste very yummy.

Anyway must dash now as I have a quick wedding some to create before a spot of lunch....toodle pip xx

No comments:

Post a Comment