Friday 7 January 2011

Tedium of the week..

Well I don't know about you folks but the first week of 2011 has gone so slowly. At work I have had only a handful of things to do all week and I think I have quite small hands. I got excited a minute ago because it looked like I might have something to do but alas not...files got sent to Italy instead of here.

However the weekend beckons and I like many other will be looking at my bank balance thinking "Does Christmas really have to exist at all?"

But enough of the doom and gloom. I didn't decide to write this blog with the intention of bringing everybody down so lets get so positive vibes going on. What is there to be spiffingly happy about?

Obviously a 3-1 Ashes victory in the Ashes is right up there, first time in 24 years that England have triumphed on Australian soil and the manner of the victory is something to behold, all 3 victories won by an innings. Fair enough this may very well be the worst Australian test cricket team for a generation or more but take no gloss of a wonderful and consistent performance from the England team. (Notice I didn't use the term English)

I'd now like us to be tested against South Africa or India and to be honest I think we'd struggle against both but for the moment lets revel in the glory and again be proud of our country in the field of sport or on the field of sport or on teh sporting field......woteva Treva......!!

What else is there? Oh of course I have a nice brisket of beef brining away in the fridge which I shall be putting into the water bath later, it's about the size of a house brick so I'd imagine it'll just stretch between the 3 of us when it's done on Sunday. I'm not sure how that news is really going to cheer you lot up but it's doing wonders for me.

I'm hoping that today my work are going to pull their fingers out and approve the 3 weeks holiday I've applied for in March. I'd be furious if they didn't and as the time goes on I have growing concern that the plane I want to be on will be full when I get to actually book it and I really want to go on one of the Airbus A-380's!!

I have though found a rather scrumptious little place to stay when I get to Melbourne. Because I'm going to need 11 nights staying somewhere other than my buddies I thought I'd much rather have somewhere a little more cosier than a hotel so I've been looking at holiday rental homes and found this little gem.

It's in a fantastic location by all accounts but unfortunately two of the nights I need have already been reserved so if I do book here it'll be a case of checking in for 4 nights here then off to a local motel for 2 nights then back here for the remainder and I'm happy to to that if it means securing the booking. After all I'll be on my own so it's not as if it'll be too much hassle. Been in contact with the owner too and she says that I can just pay her for the full 11 nights stay and she'll sort out booking the other 2 days elsewhere for me which is less of a ballache for me.

Right that really is about all I have this morning although I did stumble across this fascinating article on the BBC website listing 100 things that we learn't in 2010. Might keep you going for a bit if you're bored today.

Toodle Pippians xx

No comments:

Post a Comment