Monday 23 August 2010

Blocko.......

Happy Monday to you all.

I'm feeling rather energised this morning however the damaged knee is causing me some confusion. Sure it's feeling a lot better, still uncomfortable but the bruising is somewhat strange !! All the pain and swelling is on the front of my knee yet apart from a tinge of yellow the bruising has come out on the back of my leg.

Emily thinks that my kneecap actually came out the back of my leg bless her.

So anyway yesterday evening I got a DJ booking confirmed for the 10th September at The Venue in Reading appearing alongside my all time DJ hero and biggest influence Brandon Block.

This photo was taken last October when I last got to share the booth with a true legend of the clubbing world.



Hmmm just check out that silly grin I have going on .....

It's going to be one of the last club nights at the Venue as I'm told that it's going to be made into a Gentleman's club very soon so perhaps it's fitting that one of the guys responsible for kicking off the whole UK/Ibiza house scene gives the place a proper send off.

I'm pretty sure that he won't be rocking up with his Macbook and controllers and then trying to take the audience on some kind of musical journey that they really are not interested in at all because they are just out to have a laugh, dance and get bang on it.

The guys promoting the event (Garden of Eden/Dark Matter) are keen to make it as cheap as possible for everybody and I'll expect tickets to only be about £5 but as they are not on sale nor is the flyer even made yet I cannot be 100% certain but I will confirm just as soon as I can.

Pub news is all good at the moment. I now have some stock take figures and a copy of the lease that we'll be taking over (fingers crossed). All this information I'll pass on to my guy who will now have all the elements needed to draw up a professional business plan and let us know how much investment we need to find.

All offers listened too .................. :-)

Maybe Blocko would invest? I can see a nice country pub being just the kind of thing that he'd be interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment