Saturday 21 August 2010

School Days

So today is the day that I return to the sprawling hub of culture and fashion that is Watford.

I think Watford is one of those towns that you can only truly love if you either live there or were born there.

Every time I go back I have a tremendous feeling of nostalgia which ultimately nosedives pretty much as soon as one takes a few paces up the High Street.

If Watford was a colour it'd definitely be Grey and it knows that too. It has decades or Grey all about it only interspersed by lighter shades of Grey and maybe, if someone decided one day to be different.......Pebbledash !!!

This time however I will be meeting my old school chums of some 20 years ago. I think that I've only seen 3 of them since my last day at school so it's going to be fascinating to see how everyone is and what they are up to.

I'm thinking that I might also journey up there early and find myself a nice looking restaurant and get myself a spot of lunch whilst also doing a review.

Such a shame that my (2nd most beloved) Watford FC are away to Hull otherwise I'd definitely been going to the mighty Vicarage Road to cheer on the Golden Boys.

Anyway guys and gals, must be off......these restaurants won't review themselves you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment