Friday 20 August 2010

Late on Parade....

Good day to all you fine beings.

I know that each and everyone of you patiently waits each day for my mutterings to appear and that some of you even consider the day to not have begin until you have read them.........of course that's not strictly true but I can dare to dream.

Well to be honest I've been a little bit busy today. Work has been stretched as one of my team has been off on holiday and she really is the work horse here, there can be no denying that.

Mainly though I've been off doing a radio interview for a local small community radio station regarding the Reading, Steady, Cook competition that I did. It's good fun still being part of all that even though it's been quite sometime since I took part.

The show was short and sweet, covered the competition but unfortunately I didn't really get the opportunity to slip in any key messages about the things I've been getting involved in since such as the Facebook group and of course the impending step into the professional world of food.

It was a pre-recorded show so it'll all be edited and I think be aired on Reading Community Radio on Sept 2nd. This is an internet radio station so I'll get the link and post it up. They'll also be putting a Podcast on the official Living Reading website so if you don't catch the broadcast it'll be available after.

There is more to come though because there is a food festival that we'll be taking part in which I think will involve dishes made from Christmas dinner leftovers as well as a "Nuit Blanche" event which is something that has taken off in other places around the world.

It's a "Dusk til Dawn" arts and entertainment event that will be making it's debut in Reading around October. I've been asked if I'd be interested in doing something more towards the "Dawn" part which I assume will be a cookery demonstration revolving around breakfast but I'm yet to know any real details. Should be great fun whatever

Must comment on the Dorset Naga Chilli episode last night when my beloved tried just a tiny bit fresh of the chopping board as I was preparing dinner. What followed was hiccups, deep breathing and quite a few "Phewwwwwwwwweeeeeee's" followed by the question....."They should have a bloomin warning on those things"....

As if "Dorset Naga Chilli"....."The worlds hottest Chilli" wasn't warning enough !! Bless you my love xxx

As for the weekend tomorrow I'll be heading back to my hometown of Watford to catch up with school friends that I haven't seen for around 20 years which is so exciting. I lost contact with virtually everybody from school from the day it ended but getting in contact with them again makes you remember the great times we had and how much you miss both the experiences and the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment