Saturday 7 August 2010

Good, zesty day to you all.....

Zesty.....Yes....That's how I feel today and so I should because the weekend has kicked off pretty well.

Watford opened the football season with 3 points at Norwich and we're doing great in the Cricket.

Sakura last night was quiet but my new music library format worked nicely so that is encouraging.

Today I've been getting some of tomorrows dinner prepared and I'm particulally looking forward to seeing how my amazing chip idea is going to pan out. Check out these beauties....



Another thing I'm going to try using is Marrowbone. It seems to be the "in" thing in the gastronomic world.

In the last couple of series of "Great British Menu" on the BBC it was used by a few chefs including Nigel Haworth, Kenny Atkinson, Ian Matfin & Danny Millar. These guys have about 400 Michelin Stars between them (OK maybe an exaggeration) but it does go to show that really decent, top class food can be made from the most unlikely things.

Here is what they look like at the moment.....



What I think I'm going to do is extract the Marrow from the bone then smoke it over some twigs and leaves taken from the massive Bay tree that is in the Garden. Once it's got a nice but subtle woody, bay smoked flavour I'll roll the Bone Marrow into bite size balls, coat them in fine, herbed breadcrumbs and fry them in Duck fat.

Hopefully when done they'll be like little, crunchy, golden footballs and dotted around the plate I think they will just look amazing too.

So good sport, good music and good food so far and it's only Saturday lunchtime, what more can a boy ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment