Friday 6 August 2010

Fuzzy head....

Yep I have a fuzzy head this morning. Didn't manage to get to sleep until nearly 3am due to my determination to get my music collection sorted out, the tiredness I can cope with but the Red Wine head is the struggle but one must soldier on mustn't one?

Yesterdays dinner turned out pretty well although I did substitute the Cod for Haddock as all the Cod fillets in Waitrose, Twyford looked like they'd been dragged around the car park for a bit.....not what I'd expect from one the premier supermarket chains at all.

Usually when I make a dish up in my head and cook it I'll always think of a way that it could have been better but in this case there is very little I'd change. It could work with any white fish too.

I guess the only thing I could have wished for was a better camera and a not so B&Q worktop :-)



Nick can you bring yours on Sunday if you are reading this?!?!? Camera that is not worktop.....

Other than cooking this and going through the final 300+ songs I managed to get the Duck Confit done and that's looking wonderful. I also have the Tomato Consommé straining off in the fridge, it's quite clear already but I'll filter it once or twice more before Sunday to try and get it perfectly clear.

I've used more Duck legs than I need for Sunday because having never tried cooking it this way before I want to give it a run through along with my amazing chips so thats for dinner tonight.

Facebook page will be updated in the next day or so. I've already had a few recipes sent in and one of them I have tried and tested. It was a simplified version of the French classic "Cassoulet" and I must say it was really tasty and very easy to make.

Requests also for bulking up a lunchtime salad and a particulally interesting way to cook a Squash !! All coming up on there so keep checking.

OK I have an pretty manic day ahead of me workwise so best crack on.

Statistically a very pleasing day for my blogging exploits yesterday so thanks to all who have been following...spread the word :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment